Monday, December 13, 2010

HOBOOOOO

Harry Potter... it's a phenomenon, isn't it?

My feelings towards the series are pretty neutral. I don't hate it or anything, the story is enjoyable, and the characters likable. The issue is, as a child, I disliked the idea of something so immensely popular.

By the time I got over that, it was pretty late in the game to start reading the books. I'd already seen the first three movies and knew the story well enough to where it would be pretty boring to go back and read something I'd seen 50 million times over on ABC Family. Not only that, but I find it really, REALLY hard to take any of it seriously, let me explain why:

As of late, I've been catching up with the movies - that's something, at least - and saw Deathly Hallows Part I this weekend. The only things I honestly got out of that movie were: tentacles, stripping, awkward dancing, hobos, tea, necrophilia, and more hobos. This is how I am with EVERY Harry Potter film beyond the third. I saw the fourth and beyond with friends, and all I remember are the random inside jokes about it.

I'm kind of afraid this is what'll happen if I ever get around to watching Lord Of The Rings or Star Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment