Thursday, December 2, 2010

When I'm Gone

So, rather than put forth the effort to think of something remotely interesting to blog about, I'm going to be doing a 30 days of blogging sort of challenge I found while browsing the net for writing prompts. Strangely enough, 30 days from now will be the first of the January. Convenient, no?

Anyway, day one's topic is "Your Favorite Song." Being a rather musically inclined person, this is actually way harder than it should be. My top ten favorite songs, now that would be easy, but choosing just one? That's like choosing between children! (Only I kind of hate children, so it's more like choosing between friends.)

While I can't select an overall favorite, I can say that one of my favorite song lyrically is When I'm Gone by Simple Plan. I absolutely adore the message/feel of this song. When I first heard it, the style bothered me, where was the punk rock Simple Plan??? But then I got around to really listening to the lyrics, and I realized it was one of those few songs I absolutely agree with.

"If misery loves company, well, so long, you'll miss me when I'm gone~" It's clever, it's catchy, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment